Bowers Electricals Ltd is an expanding power engineering company, supplying new and refurbished Power and Distribution transformers, HV & LV switchgear, Motors, HV & LV installation, and turnkey packages.
Since its beginnings four generations ago as an electric motor and transformer rewinding business, the company is now a leading producer of Power and Distribution Transformers, HV and LV switchgear and all manner of associated products and services.
Bowers Electricals boasts a prestigious list of clients from across the public and private sectors. The team has worked on projects everywhere from small industrial developments to major infrastructure schemes including large-scale power stations, government buildings, hospitals, schools and universities, wind and solar farms and throughout the heavy power engineering industry.
Bowers prides itself on being able to offer total engineering solutions and over the years the team has built an enviable international reputation for quality, customer service and speed of delivery and it doesn’t stop at manufacturing, Bowers offers a full turnkey operation that includes the overhaul, rewind, and repair of customers property, installation, on-going service maintenance and expert project management of all developments regardless of size. All of which is conducted from its headquarters in Heanor, Derbyshire.
We currently have 2 x vacancies, see below for details.
Project / Contracts Engineer
We are looking for self-motivated, experienced candidates for a Project / Contract Engineer. The Engineer will work in conjunction with our sales, projects and operations departments. The role will involve:
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned electrical engineering projects from sales to completion.
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers to ensure repeat business
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements. Liaising with customers to develop and deliver proposals including maintenance contracts, servicing, repairs, through to turnkey projects.
- Being the voice of the customer internally within the business.
- Create the framework used to develop and monitor project metrics and manage the collection of project data.
- Following up any work conducted to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Deliver to cost, specification and time for a defined package of work.
- Provide Financial analysis, control, & Forecasting.
- Complete Risk Management assessments.
- Ensure Compliance with applicable National & International standards such as ISO & BS EN.
- Ensure project controls and processes are effectively deployed and maintained for all work through the lifecycle of the delivery
- Co-ordinate work across the operational business in line with agreed project controls processes and controlling activities including contract reviews, monitoring, priorities, dependencies, procurement, quality, work authorisation, change control, approvals and stakeholder management.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in an electrical engineering discipline.
- Experience of working with HV & LV electrical installations.
- An enthusiastic approach with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience of project or contract management
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in order to deliver results and to work in ambiguous situations, whilst working to tight timescales and achieving quality outputs on time.
- Have a proven track record in project delivery and the ability to operate in a complex environment
Preferably they will also be able to show experience of:
- KPI driven approach
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
The role may require some travel within the UK, so a full driving license is essential. Salaries and packages commensurate with experience
Electro / Mechanical Fitter
The role will involve:
- Stripping down and repairing electric motors, carrying out inspections and fault finding
- Carrying out service/remedial work and then re-assembling motors/equipment, final testing, painting and preparing for delivery.
- Manually moving and handling items which may be heavy/difficult to hold.
- Working to the required EHS requirements and Quality standards
- Identifying and implementing improvements.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience working in a multi- disciplinary role that has mechanical and electrical elements is essential.
- Experience working as a mechanical bench fitter ideally with armature motor rewinding.
- Working on HV, LV, AC and DC rotating equipment
- Ability to work as part of a small busy team
- Self motivated, conscientious, enthusiastic and adaptable approach
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Dexterous, physically fit and able to lift
- Able to work on own initiative and under pressure
Preferably they will also be able to show:
- HNC, Apprenticeship or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- GCSE (or equivalent) passes in Maths and English Language
- Dynamic balancing experience
- Vibration/condition monitoring experience.
- 16th/17th/18th Edition certification
- Safety Qualifications or Training
Hours of work are 37.5 hours Mon- Fri 08.00-16.30, with occasional enhanced rate overtime or weekend work as the workload requires. Together with a company pension, 21 days holiday + bank holidays
Salaries commensurate with experience. Please submit CV with details of experience and salary expectations