Bowers Electricals Ltd is an expanding power engineering company, supplying new and refurbished Power and Distribution transformers, HV & LV switchgear, Motors, HV & LV installation, and turnkey packages.
Since its beginnings four generations ago as an electric motor and transformer rewinding business, the company is now a leading producer of Power and Distribution Transformers, HV and LV switchgear and all manner of associated products and services.
Bowers Electricals boasts a prestigious list of clients from across the public and private sectors. The team has worked on projects everywhere from small industrial developments to major infrastructure schemes including large-scale power stations, government buildings, hospitals, schools and universities, wind and solar farms and throughout the heavy power engineering industry.
Bowers prides itself on being able to offer total engineering solutions and over the years the team has built an enviable international reputation for quality, customer service and speed of delivery and it doesn’t stop at manufacturing, Bowers offers a full turnkey operation that includes the overhaul, rewind, and repair of customers property, installation, on-going service maintenance and expert project management of all developments regardless of size. All of which is conducted from its headquarters in Heanor, Derbyshire.
We currently have the following vacancy, see below for details.
Quality & Test Engineer
We are looking for self-motivated, experienced candidates for a Quality & Test Engineer role. The Engineer will work in conjunction with our Production, Quality and Engineering departments. The role will involve:
- Review customer specifications with the Engineering team to verify all Quality & Test requirements can be conducted on the transformer/switchgear
- Lead on product quality – inspection, audits and develop QMS processes
- Carry out testing of distribution transformers; normally 11kV upto 3150kVA, Switchgear and associated items.
- Conducting routine tests (Ratio, resistance etc) and any special tests required
- Ensuring adherence and compliance to all applicable standards (EU, IEC, ISO etc)
- Ensuring all test and quality related equipment is correctly maintained, calibrated and operated to the highest safety standards.
- Identifying and implementing improvements which enhance the product quality.
- Work with the Quality Manager to resolve any production or supplier quality issues.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Qualifications in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Three years’ experience working and testing HV, LV, transformers, switchgear and associated equipment
- Experience of working in a Quality control/assurance role.
- Ability to work as part of a small busy team
- Self-motivated, conscientious, enthusiastic and adaptable approach
Preferably they will also be able to show experience of:
- Electrical Installation certification
- Fault diagnosis / Root Cause Analysis
- Quality related experience or training
Hours of work are 37.5 hours Mon- Fri 08.00-16.30, with occasional enhanced rate overtime or weekend work as the workload requires.
We offer company pension, 21 days holiday + bank holidays, free parking, childcare voucher scheme
Salaries commensurate with experience. Please submit CV with details of experience and salary expectations to email@example.com or via the advert on indeed.com website