Bowers Electricals offer plant purchase of customer property and have a constant requirement for good quality used stock for our refurbished sales department.We offer a full substation removal and dismantling service for all equipment up to 33kV.
Site disconnection/ re-instatement and Local Electricity Company liaison
Our services include liaison at engineering manager level to ensure isolation, disconnection and effective removal of your redundant transformers, HV and LV switchgear and associated equipment including capping of redundant supplies and reinstatement of new or refurbished equipment and any new substation designs. Our engineering team will co-ordinate and liaise with the Local Electricity Company to effect any primary network and metering alterations.
Top prices are offered for re-usable surplus equipment for our extensive stocks including:
- Power & distribution transformers
- High voltage oil, SF6 and vacuum insulated switchgear
- Low voltage distribution switchgear
- AC and DC motors and associated equipment
Specialist services include
- Disposal of PCB contaminated oil, silicon and Midel insulating fluids
- Disposal of redundant and contaminated oil
- Disposal of PCB capacitors
- Disconnection and disposal of Mercury Arc rectifiers
- SF6 gas recovery and disposal
- Specialist lifts and transportation including abnormal load movements
Health and Safety
All site work is carried out under Health and Safety procedures and inductions will be carried out to cover any site specific safety rules. Method and risk assessments will be presented prior to commencement of any site work, together with any relevant COSHH or specialist handling data. Equipment will be removed from site under our carriers licence and any special or hazardous products will be removed and disposed of under current waste legislation together with all relevant transfer and destruction certificates.