Bowers’ new cast resin transformers can be supplied to suit customers’ requirements either in IP00 specification or with sheet steel ventilated enclosures and cable boxes, designed and built to bespoke specifications. We can also offer units built integrally within our new manufactured low voltage switchgear.
Bowers’ cast resin transformers are constructed with their HV windings encapsulated in resin and are an excellent alternative to traditional oil-immersed transformers. Self-extinguishing and high mechanical resistance to electro-dynamic stresses are just some of the qualities that make these an excellent choice.
The standard product range from Bowers Electricals. covers distribution cast resin transformers from 50kVA up to 5000kVA, with insulation class up to 36kV, with Eco-design, reduced or standard losses
All of our transformers are manufactured in compliance with IEC 60076-11 standard and in particular meet the requirements for climatic (C), environmental (E) and fire (F) classes:
- Climatic class C2: Transformers suitable for working, transportation and storage at temperatures down to -25°C.
- Environmental class E2: Transformers suitable for working in the environment where they can be subject to frequent condensation, heavy pollution or a combination of the two.
- Fire class F1: Transformers exposed to a fire hazard. They are characterized by restricted inflammability, low emission of toxic substances and opaque fumes.
Each and every transformer undergo a series of routine tests in compliance with IEC60076-11 at our own testing room, which includes:
- Measurement of winding resistance
- Measurement of voltage ratio and check of phase displacement
- Measurement of short-circuit impedance and load losses
- Measurement of no-load losses and no-load current
- Insulation test of MV against LV and earth
- Insulation test of LV against MV and earth
- Overvoltage test
- Measurement of partial discharges